Welcome to Wabash-Miami Area Program!Our Mission
To assist, guide, and provide services for our school communities to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
Wabash-Miami Area Program for Exceptional Children (WMAP) is a special education cooperative serving approximately 1150 students with disabilities in the Metropolitan School District of Wabash County, Wabash City Schools, Manchester Community Schools, and Peru Community Schools. Wabash-Miami Area Program is funded through federal funds with Metropolitan School District of Wabash County serving as L.E.A. Wabash-Miami Area Program is governed by federal and state regulations which mandate a free and appropriate education to all students with disabilities and is dedicated to assisting schools in providing a quality and appropriate individual education program for each identified student.
Wabash-Miami Area Program works jointly with these four schools, and is committed to providing a continuum of services for students identified with disabilities. Specifically, Wabash-Miami Area Program supports schools with these services: School Psychologists, BLV Teacher, DHH Teacher, Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy.
- Mr. Mike Pettibone — Manchester Community Schools
- Mr. Mike Keaffaber — Metropolitan School District of Wabash County
- Mr. Sam Watkins — Peru Community Schools
- Mr. Jason Callahan — Wabash City Schools
Welcome to our Cooperative! I am excited about starting another new school year. We have an incredible staff in place and ready to support students with disabilities, their families, and school staff. As we embark on this journey together, I would like to share some of our key focuses for this school year.
- We are going to celebrate and program around student strengths, and continue to program for as many students as possible in the general education setting!
- We are continuing to enhance our intervention strategies for autism. Over the summer, we trained a group of teachers to use the STAR curriculum.
- We will continue our work with Project Success to unpack content connectors, addressing the new Certificate of Completion requirements.
- We will be preparing for our Indicator 13 Transition IEP compliance pull coming in May of 2019!
- We will be collecting and reviewing data to increase our student behavior outcomes.
I am blessed to be surrounded by such a great team of professionals who love working with individuals with disabilities. I am looking forward to hearing about and celebrating student successes this year! It's going to be a great year!
Celebrate what students can do!